Keeping A Diary Supports Personal Development - Stefan Sagmeister

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Light Painting Experimentation

Today when i was back from another conference about crisis and opportunities, i tested the technique of light painting with my camera Samsung NV 100HD.
This was the result.


In this first test i was trying to make some lines and glows effects with different light colors. Then i tryied to make some texts and messages with non-stoping light.

While i was doing some lines over my face i noticed that my face was changed just like layers because of the time that the light was exposed so i tryied to do some more inventions whithout lines.

I think that the distortion of my face looks really nice and i allways tryied to make them scary and mysterious. These final photos made me remember the work of Champagne Valentine because their design is allways misterious and dirty. Probably tomorrow i'll made a post about Champagne Valentine.
I was searching for lightpainting on the web and i found that Pablo Picasso was one of the first people to use the technique of lightpainting. He used cigarretes and lights to make some draws in the air. Nowadays urban artists are using this technique to make their graffitis and illustrations. Here are some lightpainting photos.






Here are some links: link1, link2, link3, link4 and link5.

0 comments:

Post a Comment